Calling All Watch D.O.G.S.!
Watch D.O.G.S. (Dads Of Great Students) is a program from the National Center for Fathering, whose purpose is to provide positive male role models for students by being present in education. Watch D.O.G.S. are fathers, grandfathers, uncles, and other father-figures who volunteer for at least one time during the school year. Due to COVID this year, we have been unable to have volunteers on campus, however we have had several dads submit videos that we have shown on announcements. Well, we have good news! Allen ISD is allowing visitors on campus with strict guidelines, of course. We definitely want Watch D.O.G.S. to be on campus! Here is how we would like to have Watch D.O.G.S. volunteer at Olson:
Door Holder for K-2 & 3-6 Arrival (7:25am-7:45am) & Dismissal (2:40pm-3:05pm)
- Say “Good Morning”
- Air high five
- Elbow bump
In order to volunteer, you must for the following:
- Complete a background verification
- Register to be a Volunteer
- A new application must be completed every school year.
- It takes about 2 weeks to be approved
- Wear a mask that covers your nose and mouth
- Check-in via the office at your scheduled time to receive a safety vest and ID sticker
- Wear a Watch D.O.G. shirt (if you have one)
- We completely understand if you don’t have a Watch D.O.G. shirt, if you are new to Olson, a Kindergarten parent, or haven’t had the opportunity to volunteer. If that is the case, please wear a white shirt)
- Sign-up for a date and time via Sign-up Genius
Please contact Nicole Oliver at 972-562-1800 or Nicole.Oliver@allenisd.org, if you have any questions.