Dual Language & ESL Education
About Bilingual Education
It is the policy of the state that every student in the state who has a home language other than English and who is identified as limited English proficient shall be provided a full opportunity to participate in a bilingual or English as a Second Language program, as required in the Texas Education Code, Chapter 29, Subchapter B.
ESL & Bilingual Program
- Provides instruction for Emergent Bilingual students in the most appropriate program format in accordance with Texas Education Agency (TEA) guidelines.
- Provides instruction that reflects the Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS) and AISD curriculum guidelines in all content areas.
- Promotes acceptance of Bilingual/ESL instruction as an integral part of the whole school program.
- Promotes understanding and respect for diversity by students, parents, staff, and the community.
- Supports staff development on cultural and linguistic diversity and second language acquisition strategies/methodologies.
- Communicates success of Bilingual/ESL programs to the students, parents, district, and community.