Allen ISD offers a full-day prekindergarten program for students who are 4 years old by September 1st, live within the boundaries of Allen ISD, and meet at least one of the state’s eligibility criteria. The full-day program consists of both monolingual and bilingual classes and is located at George J. Anderson Early Childhood School.
2023-2024 Prekindergarten Registration
To begin the pre-qualification process for the 2023-2024 school year, please use the following link: https://forms.allenisd.org/Forms/PreKPreQualify
The Allen ISD Prekindergarten Enrollment Clerk will contact you once your pre-qualification form is received.
Allen Independent School District is ready, willing, and able to identify and serve all children with disabilities residing within its jurisdiction who need special education and related services. If you suspect or know of a child with a disability, please contact Special Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be eligible for enrollment in prekindergarten, the child must be 4 years old on or before September 1st, live in Allen ISD attendance zone, AND meet at least one of the state's eligibility requirements:
- The child is Limited English Proficient (not fluent in English). The child will be given an English proficiency test to determine this qualification.
- The child’s family meets the federal income guidelines for the National School Lunch Program.
- The child is homeless.
- The student is the child of an active-duty member of the armed forces.
- The student is the child of a parent who was killed or injured while serving on active duty.
- The child is currently or was previously in foster care.
- The student is the child of a peace officer, a firefighter, or an emergency medical first responder who is eligible for the Star of Texas Award.
High Quality Prekindergarten Components
Pre-K Frequently Asked Questions
Is my child required to attend prekindergarten if he or she is eligible?
What are the school hours for the full-day program?
I would like my child to attend the prekindergarten program but my child misses the age requirement to be 4 by just a few days, can I still enroll him/her?
Will prekindergarten students take a nap in the full-day program?
What resources are available for families of students in prekindergarten?
We recently moved into the area and I have a child that turned 4 prior to September 1st of this school year. May I still enroll my child for the current school school year, and if so, how do I begin the prekindergarten enrollment process?