Empower 1:1 Device Program
Allen ISD is nearing the end of the first year of the Empower 1:1 Student Mobile Device program which was a product of the 2020 bond project. The 1:1 program is designed to enhance student learning and foster future-ready skills by providing digital technology to every student and supporting the effective integration of digital learning platforms in the classroom while empowering students to collaborate, communicate, create and enhance their technology skills to support their academic and future professional growth.
Allen ISD students grades K-12 will be assigned either a Lenovo 500e 3rd generation or an HP 11a chromebook. iPads are used in the PreK program.
Visit this website for activities and learning opportunities for students to do online over the summer.
As part of the Empower 1:1 program and to provide students with equitable and enriching learning opportunities year-round, Allen ISD students who have paid the insurance fee can take home their school-assigned device over the summer. Access to internet content through district devices will continue to be filtered through the summer months regardless of location or network connection being utilized. Additionally, the Responsible Use Policies and other student expectations are applicable when students utilize district-provided devices and student accounts.
Insurance Fee Details for the Summer Take Home Program:
- Families that paid the insurance fee during the 2021-2022 school year and are returning to Allen ISD for the 2022-2023 school year, will take home their device over the summer unless the opt-out option is selected below.
- Families who have not yet paid the insurance fee in grades 3-11, but wish to opt-in to take home their student device over the summer can pay the insurance fee through school pay for the Summer Take Home Program by May 13 of 2022.
- Insurance fees paid in April/May for the Summer Take Home Program will cover the insurance fee for school year 2022-2023.
Regarding our Class of 2026 and 2028 (current 6th and 8th grade) student devices
When moving to 7th and 9th grade, those students will be issued an upgraded device on campus at the beginning of the 22-23 school year. Their old device will need to be turned in prior to receiving a new one.
Device drop-off will occur at the Professional Learning and Auxiliary Services (PLAS) from August 1st through August 3rd from 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. located at 610 East Bethany Drive in Allen.
Additional communication on how to pay the insurance fee for next year will be provided in Skyward's back-to-school forms.
Students are expected to take care of their devices while in possession of them over the summer. Students will adhere to the same guidelines and expectations stated in the Responsible Use Policy and Student Code of Conduct.
Insurance will cover all accidental damages. Damaged Chromebooks returned to Information Technology will be evaluated on a case by case basis to assess repair needs. Evidence of intentional damage or negligent care may be subject to additional fees. Families will be financially responsible for the Chromebook cost if the device is lost. See Break Fix Fee Schedule Here
Students Who Withdraw Over the Summer
- Students who withdraw over the summer will need to return the device to the campus office.
- If the campus office is closed, the device should be returned to the IT Department:
- PLAS Center on 610 East Bethany Dr. Allen, TX 75002
- Monday through Thursday
- 7:30 AM through 5:00 PM
- Students who move out of the region will need to ship the device to:
- Attn: Information Technology - 610 East Bethany Dr. Allen, TX 75002
If a device is not turned in when the student withdraws, the family will be financially responsible for the cost of the device. The district reserves the right to file a police report if the device is not returned within 30 days of the student having unenrolled from Allen ISD and the device will be disabled for use.
- In order to better serve our community and provide equitable access, any Allen ISD family can request a mobile hotspot by contacting Information Technology Services. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Summer Tech Support
Tech support for school-device-related issues will be available for students who take home their devices over the summer. Families can contact the Help Desk for all technology educational-related technical support for AISD-issued Chromebooks.
Technical Support Contact Information:
- Phone: 469-675-2000
- Address: 610 E. Bethany Drive Allen, TX 75002
- Summer office hours are Monday-Thursday from 7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Please note that offices will be closed the week of July 4th.
- In addition to the summer office hours, there are 3 evening hour slots for Chromebook repair dropoff and tech support:
- June 14th, July 12th, and August 2nd from 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm, same address as above
Have questions? Email email@example.com
If you paid the insurance fee and wish to opt-out of the summer device program, you must complete this Google Form to ensure the device remains on campus. Otherwise, your student will be taking home the device over the summer.
Empower 1:1 FAQ
When will my student receive an Empower 1:1 device?
What does it cost to utilize the Empower 1:1 program
Where can I find more information about the Empower 1:1 program?
Do the devices have filters when at home?