Provide flexible, virtual peer tutoring to Allen ISD students (grades 5-9) in math and science.
- Assist students with math and science concepts through virtual tutoring
- Provide accessible support to Allen ISD students
- Establish a virtual peer tutoring model that may be successfully replicated in other schools
- Tutors will provide a personalized bio including academic and extracurricular interests as well as specifying which subjects they tutor
- Students will need a parent permission slip prior to attending their first tutoring session
- Appointments for tutoring will be made at least 24 hours in advance
- Materials and/or concepts students wish to cover during the tutoring session will be submitted via a Google form at least 24 hours in advance of their session. This will allow tutors to appropriately prepare and ensure an effective meeting.
- Tutors will record each tutoring session to be housed on the District Google Drive
- Tutors set up recurring Zoom meetings with specific time availabilities
- Students requesting tutoring can select their trained tutors based on the provided tutor bios and their availability times
- Students are able to participate in private or group tutoring based on their preferences
- Providing a comfortable environment for students
- Student resources will be provided in click sheets including formula charts
- Future student tutors will be provided training by STEAM Ambassadors
If you would like to become a tutor, please join the STEAM Ambassador program.