Update: The firm deadling for NHS Applications on Naviance is Wednesday, October 27. This is an extension since there have been so many issues with Naviance. There will be no additional extensions after this date. Please do not wait until the last minute to submit.
Allen High School National Honor Society 2021-2022
Please see below for the requirements to be eligible for NHS. The administration will run the eligiblity report. This school year induction will take place in the late fall. If you are identified as being eligible, in the fall, you will be contacted via email with detailed information.
*Just a note, NHS is a different organization than NJHS at the middle school and LFC:Requirements for NHS membership at AHS:
- Eligible Students:
- All grade levels, sophomore, junior and senior, will be included in the identification process
- Eligible members will be notified in late fall
- Invitations will be sent via email with a link to the membership information forms
- Deadline for the invitation process is firm, so make sure you complete the forms within the open Invitation period
- Note: Honor code violations will be reviewed prior to invitations being sent
- Cumulative GPA required:
- GPA requirement for eligibility is 3.95, weighted and unrounded
- New students transferring in to AHS:
- NHS members from prior school will need a letter from former school sponsor in order to be able to join our program
- To be included in the identification process, must be on campus for at least one semester
NJHS is a separate organization and does not automatically transfer students into the NHS at Allen High School.The following are the standards for membership in NHS at Allen High School:
- Attend 70% meetings for the school year Uphold the NHS pillars of character, leadership, scholarship, and service. Also - there will be dues of $10 (paid through school pay) for each year of membership. 30 service hours, 15/semester are mandatory. Hours have to be from three different events and at least 5 of the 15/semester have to be internal hours.
- GPA requirements must be maintained each semester to retain membership