Luther and Anna Mae Bolin
Luther Bolin was born on October 5, 1904. He grew up on the family farm just south of Frisco before moving to Allen. Anna Mae Bolin was born April 13, 1911 in Allen. Luther and Anna Mae met and married March 8, 1930.
The Bolins rented a farm west of Allen, in what is now Twin Creeks, until they purchased farmland south of Bethany Road and east of Allen Heights Drive from family members on April 21, 1947. The land has been in the family since the late 1920's. This land included what is now the site of Bolin School.
Mr. Bolin attended business college in Fort Worth in 1926, but found he was happiest when farming and returned to Allen. He served on the Allen ISD Board of Trustees during the difficult years of 1948-1953 when the State sought to dissolve the small school district. The Bolins continued farming the land that is now Bolin Elementary, until 1979. Mr. Bolin passed away in 1983 at the age of 78. Mrs. Bolin continued to live on the farm until her death April 6, 1990.
The Bolin's two sons, Forrest and Kenneth and Kenneth's wife Jo, donated 13 acres to the school district in honor of their parents in March of 1996.