5th Grade Language Arts & Reading
To leave a voice mail any time: 972-236-0600, ext.0985
Hello! My name is Melissa Dreher. The 2019-2020 school year will be my 14th year in education and my 6th year at Vaughan Elementary. I just LOVE being a Vaughan Viking and I cannot wait to meet my new students at "Meet the Teacher" on August 12th! Look for more information to come via Skyward or email.
Now a little about me...
- In the spring of 2006 I graduated from Henderson State University with my bachelors degree where I majored in communication and minored in psychology. That summer I married my wonderful husband, Jarred.
- In the fall of 2006 I began teaching in Princeton ISD as a high school Speech and Debate coach and began work to complete my teaching certification through Texas A&M-Commerce.
- In 2010 our son, Weston, was born and I joined the staff at Godwin Elementary School in Princeton as a fifth grade language arts and social studies teacher.
- In 2013 I began working towards my masters degree in school counseling through Lamar University.
- In the fall of 2014 I began teaching ELAR at Vaughan.
- In 2016 I graduated from Lamar University with a M. Ed. in School Counseling.
- In my free time, my favorite thing to do is read.
My absolute favorite thing to do is READ! If you love to read or want your child to have a love for reading, the best thing you can do is have plenty of books for them to choose from. The best and easiest way to make this happen is simply purchasing books through Scholastic. You can order online at any time and those books will ship to our school.
The best part of ordering online through Scholastic is that the money doesn't have to be sent to the school...you pay online. Your child will receive his or her book along with the rest of the books that come to our classroom. The orders you place help me to earn points. Those points are used throughout the year to order books for our classroom library! Go here to order.
- Interested in other things you can do? Check this out: