Name:Roy MatlockGrade/Subject:7/8 Physical EducationTo Leave a Voicemail: 972-236-0600, Ext. 9083Email:email@example.comFootballTrackCross-countryWelcome Back Curtis Cougars 2022-23This is my 23rd year in Allen. I graduated from Stephen F. Austin State University, home of the mighty Lumberjacks, with a BS in All-level Kinesiology.I have an Awesome wife Amy, who is also a coach and teacher at Independence High School in Frisco. We have two wonderful kids. Jayci is11 and Kyler is 7START STRONG, FINISH STRONGCMS Physical Education
- To provide an extensive array of activities with an abundance of opportunities for every student to be successful.
- To create a physical education program where students are totally accountable for their own actions.
- To provide experiences that promotes release from emotional strain and tension.
- To develop social skills with peers.
- To allow students to experience competitive and non-competitive activities.
- To develop skill, interest, and the appreciation for the need of life-long learning of activity and recreation
RESPECT: Treat others the way you would want to be treated. Respect the dignity, privacy, and freedom of all individuals, including you, other students, and the teacher. Be respectful of school property and materials.
RESPONSIBILITY: You are responsible for your own self in this class. This includes being prepared for class every day (clothes, positive attitude, etc...).
PARTICIPATION: Your grade, as a physical activity class, is based primarily on your participation in the various daily activities.
This semester in Physical Education we will complete the Fitnessgram testing which involves the following tests:Pacer (Cardiovascular)Sit/Reach (Flexibility)Push-ups (Strength)Ht/Wt (BMI)Trunk Lift (Back Flexibility)Curl-up (Core Strength)We will also introduce Soccer, Volleyball, Basketball, Handball, Badminton, Floor Hockey and Fitness/Strength Training, and a variety of lead-up games for team and individual sports.