SENIORS- STOLE PICK UP - please read your skyward email for details:
We have been in communication with the NASSP office and can confirm that we will have the correct stoles prior to the graduation ceremony.
Since some students have already picked up the embroidered stoles while others have not, specific instructions on the distribution process be sent through Skyward to National Honor Society students.
We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused and we wish you a wonderful graduation day.
SERVICE HOURS DUE: 15 TOTAL WITH 5 OF THEM INTERNAL AND 3 DIFFERENT EVENTS/SOURCES FOR ALL THE HOURS!
SENIORS- MAY 1ST
JUNIORS- MAY 5TH
SOPHOMORES- MAY 14TH
Eagle Run proof of registration is required for service hour!
CONGRATULATIONS TO THE CLASS OF 2021 OFFICERS:
Mark Ayiah, Matias Ferrer, Rebecca Huang, Chase Lee, Diego Mallen & Lucie Nguyen
SOPHOMORE MEETING 2-20-2019 - 7:45 AM IN G229 AND 3:40 IN H-168 TO ELECT OFFICERS. If you miss the meeting it counts against your attendance record.
Please see your class of 2021 tab for new remind code
***** NHS Val-O-Grams sales raised $536.00 for Love week- thanks for participating
ALL CLASSES, including new inductees- DUES TO BE PAID BY DECEMBER 31ST TO AVOID A DEMERIT- PAY ONLINE THROUGH SCHOOL PAY
****NHS confirmation letters went out, Thursday November 8th @8:00 am, to all who completed and submitted their reponse forms on time. The letters contain pertinent details about the induction ceremony on Thursday, November 15th, 2018. **Skyward account emails**NHS invitations are being mailed out Friday, October 26th at 4:00 PM to the skyward account of eligible students. Please be aware of the time frame to complete documents.**************Seniors 1st meeting Wed. 9-19-18- 7:40, 2:45 and 3:40 all in G229
- Juniors 1st meeting Wed. 9-26-18- 7:40. 2:45 and 3:45 all in G229
Requirements for NHS membership at AHS:
- !5 per semester- from 3 different events & at least 5 have to be internal
- Please check x2vol for many hour opportunities.
- Eligible Students:
- All grade levels, sophomore, junior and senior, will be included in the identification process
- Eligible members will be notified in late fall
- Invitations will be sent via email with a link to the membership information forms
- Deadline for the invitation process is firm, so make sure you complete the forms within the open Invitation period
- Note: Honor code violations will be reviewed prior to invitations being sent
- Cumulative GPA required:
- Beginning with the class of 2020 the cumulative GPA required is 3.95, weighted and unrounded
- Class of 2019 cumulative GPA required will not change
- After 2018-2019 school year, the required cumulative GPA will be 3.95, weighted and unrounded for all grade levels
- New students transferring in to AHS:
- NHS members from prior school will need a letter from former school sponsor in order to be able to join our program
- To be included in the identification process, must be on campus for at least one semester
NJHS is a separate organization and does not automatically transfer students into the NHS at Allen High School.The following are the standards for membership in NHS at Allen High School:
- Attend 70% meetings for the school year Uphold the NHS pillars of character, leadership, scholarship, and service. Also - there will be dues of $10 (paid through school pay) for each year of membership. 30 service hours, 15/semester are mandatory. Hours have to be from three different events and at least 5 of the 15/semester have to be internal hours.
- GPA requirements must be maintained each semester to retain membership