CLASS OF 2021 OFFICER APPLICATION Deadline was Dec. 21st @3:00
Upcoming Meeting Dates:December 5th seniors and new inducted seniors- 8:00, 8th period and after in G-229December 12th- newly inducted juniors & sophomores- 7:45, 2:40 and after school 3:40 in G-229,Last year inducted juniors- 7:40 in G229 OR 3:45 in the Eagles Nest.(down by gym)Upcoming service opportunities- Holiday Internal hour opprtunities:
- ALL CLASSES, including new inductees- DUES TO BE PAID BY DECEMBER 31ST TO AVOID A DEMERIT- PAY ONLINE THROUGH SCHOOL PAY
****NHS confirmation letters went out, Thursday November 8th @8:00 am, to all who completed and submitted their reponse forms on time. The letters contain pertinent details about the induction ceremony on Thursday, November 15th, 2018. **Skyward account emails**NHS invitations are being mailed out Friday, October 26th at 4:00 PM to the skyward account of eligible students. Please be aware of the time frame to complete documents.**************
- Monday Dec. 10th -12 days of Christmas-30 students needed sign up: Fun way to earn 2 internal hours https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60b0c4ca8a622abfb6-2days
- Shoebox ministry for the homeless- bring a filled decorated shoebox to enrollment office, Mrs. Hoffman by Friday December 14th Suggested items: Socks, Gloves, Hats, Scarves, Chapstick, Combs/brushes, Toothbrushes, Toothpaste, Deodorant ,Wet wipes, Food gift cards, Candy, Snacks, Hand warmers
- Toys for tots- Capped at two hours-$10 value= 1 hour, toy worth $20 is 2 hours: Must Have receipt to get the hour credit- bring to G-229 before or after school Monday Dec. 10th-Friday Dec. 14th.
- ACO/Family Promise: We are collecting gift cards and toiletries for both of these organizations. Every $10 is worth 1 service hour and maxed at $20. Gift cards can be in $5 increments or any amount adding up to $20. Must have receipt to verify $ amount spent. Bring before or after school to G-229 December 10th-Friday Dec. 14th.
- Seniors 1st meeting Wed. 9-19-18- 7:40, 2:45 and 3:40 all in G229
- Juniors 1st meeting Wed. 9-26-18- 7:40. 2:45 and 3:45 all in G229
Requirements for NHS membership at AHS:
- !5 per semester- from 3 different events & at least 5 have to be internal
- Please check x2vol for many hour opportunities.
- Eligible Students:
- All grade levels, sophomore, junior and senior, will be included in the identification process
- Eligible members will be notified in late fall
- Invitations will be sent via email with a link to the membership information forms
- Deadline for the invitation process is firm, so make sure you complete the forms within the open Invitation period
- Note: Honor code violations will be reviewed prior to invitations being sent
- Cumulative GPA required:
- Beginning with the class of 2020 the cumulative GPA required is 3.95, weighted and unrounded
- Class of 2019 cumulative GPA required will not change
- After 2018-2019 school year, the required cumulative GPA will be 3.95, weighted and unrounded for all grade levels
- New students transferring in to AHS:
- NHS members from prior school will need a letter from former school sponsor in order to be able to join our program
- To be included in the identification process, must be on campus for at least one semester
NJHS is a separate organization and does not automatically transfer students into the NHS at Allen High School.The following are the standards for membership in NHS at Allen High School:
- Attend 70% meetings for the school year Uphold the NHS pillars of character, leadership, scholarship, and service. Also - there will be dues of $10 (paid through school pay) for each year of membership. 30 service hours, 15/semester are mandatory. Hours have to be from three different events and at least 5 of the 15/semester have to be internal hours.
- GPA requirements must be maintained each semester to retain membership