The Dillard Center is named for the former Board of Trustees Member and school volunteer Pat Dillard. Pat Dillard served on the Allen ISD Board of Trustees from 1975 to 1984 for a total of nine years. She has also served as a volunteer and advocate for the Allen High School band and agricultural programs for more than 30 years.
Born in Collin County in 1939, Pat (Wilcox) Dillard attended schools in Blue Ridge and McKinney before moving to Allen with her family in 1954. She played basketball at Allen High School and graduated as one of nine seniors from the school in 1957. Following graduation, she went to work for Texas Instruments, where she stayed until 1964.
Pat Wilcox married Joe Dillard in 1963 and the couple’s only child, Kevin, was born in 1964. Following her son to school, Pat took a position as a teacher’s aide in the Allen School from 1967-1971 and went on to work as a manager for the Plano Sports Center for 22 years. While her son attended school, Pat was actively involved as a booster and volunteer in the Allen High School FFA, agriculture, and marching band programs. Pat and her husband Joe moved back to McKinney, Texas in 1999, where they raised Brahma Cattle for showing.