To Leave a Voicemail: 972-727-0400
T H E C O U R S E: AP PSYCHOLOGY
Purpose: The AP Psychology course is designed to introduce students to the systematic and scientific study of the behavior and mental processes of human beings and other animals. Students are exposed to the psychological facts, principles, and phenomena associated with each of the major subfields within psychology. They also learn about the ethics and methods psychologists use in their science and practice.
Goals: An introductory college course in psychology is generally one semester, with some variation among colleges. An AP Psychology course need not follow any specific college curriculum. Rather, the aim of the course is to provide the student with a learning experience equivalent to that obtained in most college introductory psychology courses.
AP Psychology is a college-level course for the academically strong student. Students taking this course study various psychological research, approaches and theories. Students are expected to read and analyze college-level materials preparing them to take the AP exam for possible college credit. Students will supplement the text with reading, writing, and analyzing outside materials. Students are expected to take the AP exam in May.
Welcome to the course!
Welcome to one of the MOST beneficial courses that you'll ever have the opportunity to participate in! I love Psychology and I love Allen High School. If you're a "planner" like I am, you can find the school supply list below:
(1) Notecards (Index Cards) - We create vocabulary cards for each unit. Each unit has around 40 cards. If you want to buy for the YEAR, you will need about 6 packs of notecards (100 each).
(2) 3 Ring Binder - We keep all our items in preparation for the AP exam in May. You'll need a good 3 ring binder (at least 2") to hold on to all your items.
(3) Tissues - All of us would rather than use tissues than paper towel when we have a runny nose. I would really appreciate your help in collecting tissues for the class so we're not missing any instructional time during allergy season.
(4) Black/Blue Pens - We complete all our work in black or blue pen to prepare for the AP exam.
(5) Composition Notebook/Spiral Notebook - You don't need anything crazy, but you'll need a place to write during class and organization is key.