7th grade ELA (On-Level and Advanced)
8th grade Reading Strategies(972)747-3308
5th Period (11:49-12:36)
Ereckson's Policies for MisSING and LATE WORK:
- Assignments will be accepted up to two days late, but the grade earned will not be higher than 70% for on-level and a 60% for Advanced.
- On the second day without the assignment, students will be assigned Homework Club, and a parent notification/permission note will be sent home. **If the signed note is returned the following day, along with the completed assignment, the student will not have to stay for Homework Club.
- For late work due to absence, please refer to the Student Handbook.
Retaking Assignments and Makeup Tests:
- Any student who did not pass an assignment, quiz, or test may ask for tutoring and the opportunity to make a second attempt in order to earn up to 70%. * This does not include failure due to being late with an assignment.
- It is up to the student to schedule a tutoring session (within 2 days of the failing grade being posted to Skyward) before he or she will be allowed to make up the assignment or test.
- If the student does not meet with his or her teacher for tutoring, and /or another attempt within an agreed-upon time frame, the original grade will remain. (This is for quizzes, tests, and assignments.)
- Students who were absent for a test will have up to two weeks to make it up.
WE NEED THESE ITEMS IN CLASS DAILY:
- 3 subject spiral
- pocketed folder (for backpack)
- laptop FULLY CHARGED
- non-wireless headphones (for backpack)
- Book for silent reading time (for backpack)
- Highlighters (4 separate colors/ for backpack)
- Pen and pencil (for backpack)
- scissors (for backpack)
- glue stick (for backpack)
- colored pencils (for backpack)