End-of-Course STAAR Summer Accelerated Instruction
Accelerated Instruction for students who did not meet the minimum score on the STAAR EOC exams will be provided from June 15 through July 2 at Allen High School. STAAR EOC Retests will be given from July 6-10.
There will be two sessions of Accelerated Instruction available:
Morning Session: 8:00-11:00 AM
Afternoon Session: 11:30 AM to 2:30 PM
- Sessions will be assigned based on a first come/first serve basis
- Session preferences will be taken into account if at all possible
- Late registrations will be placed on a wait list and called if there is an opening
- Post card will be mailed the week of June 8th with times and sessions for students to attend
Guidelines for Students Attending:
- For morning session - arrive at AHS by 7:45 a.m.
- Afternoon Session - arrive at AHS by 11:15 a.m.
- Students attending both morning and afternoon - bring a sack lunch (Food will not be available for purchase)
- Tables/chairs will be placed at the front of K-hall for lunch (11:00 to 11:30 each day)
- Bus transportation will be provided from the elementary or middle school campus closest to your residence (see bus schedule link)
STAAR EOC Accelerated Instruction Courses
Subjects to be addressed in EOC remediation will be selected by remediation staff. Due to the limited amount of time available for accelerated instruction before the July retesting, if your child has not met minimum score on more than two subjects, only two subjects can be addressed with accelerated instruction over the summer.
If you need remediation in only one EOC subject, please indicate below whether you prefer the morning or afternoon session. We will do our best to honor your request; however, due to teacher availability, you may not be assigned your preferred session.Your child may choose to retake all EOCs on which he/she did not achieve the satisfactory score.
If your child does not take and pass the EOC in July for all subjects on which he/she has not yet met satisfactory, his/her schedule in the fall will be adjusted to provide remediation. Either an off-period or an elective will be replaced with a remediation course. The next opportunity for your child to take an EOC is in December.