Welcome to my classroom website.Katie Anderson7th English Language Arts972firstname.lastname@example.orgTo access Canvas: Use Google Chrome and go to http://canvas.allenisd.orgTo access textbook: https://portal.allenisd.org and select Spring BoardTutoring times: M-F before school and after school by appointmentConference time: 1:00-1:30 M-FPreAP Late Work Policy: Assignments will be accepted up to two days late, but the grade earned will not be higher than 60%.On Level Late Work Policy: Assignments will be accepted up to three days late, but the grade earned will not be higher than 70%.Makeup Work Policy:
- Any student who did not pass and assignment, quiz, or test may ask for tutoring and the opportunity to make a second attempt in order to earn up to a 70%. *This does not include failure due to being late with an assignment.
- It is up to the student to schedule a tutoring session (withing 2 days of the failing grade being posted in Skyward) before he or she will be allowed to make up the assignment or test.
- If the student does not meet with his/her teacher for tutoring, and/or another attempt within the agreed upon time frame, the original grade will remain.
- Students who are absent for a test will have up to two weeks to make it up.
The goals of the ELA course are for students to:
- Read and understand a wide variety of literay and informational texts
- Compose a variety of written texts with a clear controlling idea, coherent organization, and sufficient detail
- Research to locate a range of relevant sources and evaluate, synthesize, and present ideas and information
- Listen and respond to the ideas of others while contributing their own ideas in conversations and in groups
- Learn how to use the oral and written conventions of the English language in speaking and writing.
All students have a required summer reading assignment each year.