Emily Atkins A252 Tom Selleck A252Meeting times: Days of week TimeTuesdays 3:45 pm-4:30 pm
The Allen High School Ceramics Club exists to:
* Provide clay building and wheel throwing opportunities to all AHS students on a weekly basis;
* Build the talents and skills of students in regards to creative expression through the ceramic medium;
* Train students in the processes of firing clay;
* Expose students to historical and current ceramic artists of all nationalities;
* And to support the Allen and Collin County communities through various outreach and volunteering events.
Fall Ceramics outreach (November), AISD Pottery For the Vision Impaired nights (March/May), and McKinney Empty Bowls event (April), and Watters Creek Art Festival (May).
The Ceramics Club will meet every week on Tuesdays in the Ceramics Lab. At the start of every Tuesday meeting Mrs. Atkins will walk through the goals for the work time and demo one technique or glazing process. The remainder of the time is spent as individual student work time. Students may attend one or both meetings in a week’s time.