Our focus is to help new Non-English speaking
students adjust to high school in the United States.
Members of the club demonstrate and encourage high standards of academic performance, organizational skills and cooperation.
Friends Without Borders exhibit empathy and compassion for peers who are brand new to the English language.
- We help with homework, Skyward, Canvas, and a general transition to the U.S.. and Allen High School.
Qualifications and Procedures
- Students from other activities, such as PALs, Key Club, and NHS volunteer to be student assistants, or "Friends Without Borders".
- Non-English speaking newcomers are matched up with a peer who has the same native language, when possible.
- If a student of the same language is not available, we try to find someone familiar with a similar dialect who can work well with our newcomers.
- Members must be patient, encouraging and motivated to help the student transition in any way possible.
- Students with limited English may be matched up with a peer of their same language, or with an English speaker who can help them with this transitional process.
Please contact Mrs. Benton in F-117
during 1st or 8th period for more information.