Sponsor: Mrs. Rivera (C102)NJHS Membership
Active member of NJHS at your Allen ISD middle school = your membership is automatically transferred to Lowery.
Member at your middle school in another school district = request a letter of transference from your previous school to be submitted to your Lowery NJHS sponsor via e-mail or post office mail.
Not in NJHS in middle school, but wish to join = no new membership in the Fall. New induction into NJHS happens in late January. (No formal ceremony.) Participate in community service prior to this as the organization strongly encourages that members reflect a lifestyle of sharing and caring for community.
Click here to join NJHS in the Spring : NJHS New Member Form. This form must be submitted by Thursday, December 16th in order to be considered for Spring 2022 membership in the Lowery NJHS. You will be notified of your status in January.NJHS Communication
Please refer to your NJHS Canvas course and school email for the most up-to-date NJHS information.
NJHS DUESNJHS membership dues are $10. Money is only collected through SchoolPay. Deadline to submit dues is October 29, 2021.NJHS Meeting Dates
Below are the anticipated meeting dates from the 2021-2022 school year. nformation will be communicated via video correspondence; action items may need to be completed after infromation is shared.
NJHS Chapter Meetings
Date Time Location Additional Info.Tuesday, August 31st 4:10-4:45
NJHS membership dues must be submitted by Oct. 29 Tuesday, October 26th 4:10-4:45 Cafeteria
Tuesday, January 11th 4:10-4:45 Cafeteria Tuesday, March 29th 4:10-4:45 Cafeteria
The following are the standards for membership in NJHS at the Lowery Freshman Center:
- Uphold the NJHS pillars of character, leadership, scholarship, and service.
- Maintain an overall grade average of 91%. (Ex: 100 in Band + 82 in Math + 91 in English = overall 91 average; student is maintaining above a 91 grade average) with outstanding/satisfactory conduct grades. (This is checked at the end of the grading quarter and applies to all classes averaged, even if they are advanced.)
- Complete 12 hrs. or more of individual community service for each quarter to be submitted by 11:59pm on the Sunday at the end of grading period.
- Attend general chapter meetings.
- Attend service committee meetings.