Sponsor: Mrs. Rivera (C102)NJHS Membership
Active member of NJHS at your Allen ISD middle school = your membership is automatically transferred to Lowery.
Member at your middle school in another school district = request a letter of transference from your previous school to be submitted to your Lowery NJHS sponsor via e-mail or post office mail.
Not in NJHS in middle school, but wish to join = no new membership in the Fall, but application/review process beginning in Dec. for Spring membership. New induction into NJHS in Jan. (No formal ceremony.) Participate in community service prior to this as the organization strongly encourages that members reflect a lifestyle of sharing and caring for community. Keep a close listen to the school announcements as early as November so that you may submit your Induction application on time.
Click here to join NJHS in the Spring : NJHS New Member Form. This form must be submitted by Fri. Dec 18th in order to be considered for Spring 2021 membership in the Lowery NJHS. You will be notified of your status the first week of January.NJHS Communication
Please refer to your NJHS Canvas course and school email for the most up-to-date NJHS information.
NJHS DUESNJHS membership dues are $10. Due to COVID, money is only collected through SchoolPay. Deadline to submit dues is October 30, 2020.NJHS Meeting Dates
Meeting dates provided below are tentative due to COVID-19. No in-person meetings will be held the first semester. Instead, information will be communicated via video correspondence; action items may need to be completed after infromation is shared.
NJHS Chapter Meetings
Date Time Location Additional Info.Wednesday, September 3rd TBD
NJHS Canvas Course
NJHS membership dues must be submitted by Oct. 9 Tuesday, October 28th TBD NJHS Canvas Course
Tuesday, January 12th TBD TBD Tuesday, April 6th TBD TBD
The following are the standards for membership in NJHS at the Lowery Freshman Center:
- Uphold the NJHS pillars of character, leadership, scholarship, and service.
- Maintain an overall grade average of 91%. (Ex: 100 in Band + 82 in Math + 91 in English = overall 91 average; student is maintaining above a 91 grade average) with outstanding/satisfactory conduct grades. (This is checked at the end of the grading quarter and applies to all classes averaged, even if they are advanced.)
- Complete 10 hrs. or more of individual community service for the first semester to be submitted by 11:59pm on the Sunday at the end of 2nd grading quarter.
- Attend general chapter meetings.
- Attend service committee meetings.