Welcome to English II classroom website.Name: Ashley GarrettGrade/Subject:10th Grade English IIPhone: 972-908-4073Email: email@example.com
Welcome to Mrs. Garrett's English 2 class!The goals of the English courses are for students to:
- read and understand a wide variety of literary and informational texts
- compose a variety of written texts with a clear controlling idea, coherent organization, and sufficient detail
- research to locate a range of relevant sources and evaluate, synthesize, and present ideas and information
- listen and respond to the ideas of others while contributing their own ideas in conversations and in groups
- learn how to use the oral and written conventions of the English language in speaking and writing
This is my second year here at Allen, but I have been a part of the Education field for five years (2 years with the Oklahoma State Board of Education working with special needs children, 1 year in Itasca, TX, and 1 year in Allen) and I am looking forward to meeting each and every one of you.
I graduated from Dallas Christian College, where I participated in Student Government, soccer,drama, choir, and many other extra-curricular activities. When I am not at school, I enjoy spending time with family and finding ways to use my creativity. I am very excited to be an Allen Eagle and thrilled to see where this year takes us!
Should you need to contact me, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I can't wait to see how this year unfolds...let's make it a great one!