Welcome to AHS Biology!
Phone Number: 972-236-0600, Ext. 6208
I am excited for a new school year and to have you in our Biology class. I have a few tips for success in Biology that I want to share right away.
1) Be Present: Not just in attendance, but when in the class.
- Be engaged.
- Be a participant.
- Be interested and curious.
2) Practice Integrity: Do your work, prepare for class, and complete your assignments with MAXIMUM EFFORT. No one controls your success more than yourself.
- Make responsible choices.
- Relish successes.
- Learn from failures.
- Accept consequences.
All students enrolled in Biology will use Canvas to access course materials. To log in to Canvas, follow this link: canvas.allenisd.org*
* Be sure to use Google Chrome as your browser when using Canvas as you will get optimal function of the Canvas in that browser. Certain features of Canvas may be unavailable if you use other browsers.
All Students: Supplies you need to have for the first week of class include the following:
1) A dedicated notebook or binder for Biology. We will use this notebook/bonder every single day--they will serve as the place you take notes, complete some classwork, and collect lab data. You will need this for class as soon as possible, since we will start doing things in our notebooks the first week of class.
2) Blue or black ink pens: any written work must be completed in blue or black ink only
3) Pencils (number 2 pencils, please)