Mrs. Berger, Theatre Arts Grade 7-8
Whether you are taking Theater 1, Theater 2 OR just really love theater and want to be a part of it, I'm glad you are here. Cougar Stage is our theater department here at Curtis Middle School. Our mission is to use the stage as a tool to learn, create, play and support!
Theatre Arts 1 - In this class we will spend each week on a different area of theatre. Areas that we will cover include: performance, puppetry, movement, improv, props, costume design, stage combat, musicals, pantomime, playwriting and more!
Theatre Arts 2 - This intermediate class is for those we want to grow their theatre experience. We will go further in the areas covered in Theatre 1, AND put on a play at the end of the semester.
For class info please visit canvas.
IF you're not enrolled in Theatre Arts this year, you can still be involved! SEE BELOW.
- Drama Club
- We meet the first Friday of every month after school.
- The club is led by our 8th grade officers
- It provides social activities for Curtis students who love theater!
- Fall Show: Charlie & the Chocolate Factory
- Auditions are September 1st, after school
- Rehearsals will run September thru October
- Show week is the first week of November
- SUPPLIES/DONATED MATERIALS
- Here is a list of items that we can always use:
Socks, buttons, cardboard, toilet paper, trash bags, wire hangers, Styrofoam, fabric scraps, plastic/cardboard recycled materials.
- Items can be dropped off to Ms. Berger’s room by a student OR a parent can bring to the front office.