Welcome! Mrs. Tenner- 8th Grade English/Study Skills
CONFERENCE PERIOD: 3rd period (10:10-10:58am)
TUTORING TIMES: T-F 7:55-8:15 and M and W 3:35-4:00 or by appointment
LINK TO CANVAS: canvas.allenisd.org
LINK TO PORTAL: portal.allenisd.org
WE NEED THESE ITEMS IN CLASS DAILY:
- SpringBoard (provided and kept in the classroom)
- spiral (kept in backpack)
- pocketed folder (for backpack)
- book for independent, silent reading time-- 8th graders should have an independent reading book for daily reading at home. You may bring with you to school or just keep at home.
- pen and pencil (for backpack)
- glue stick
- colored pencils
- wired headphones (not Airpods!)
Hello, Huskies! I am excited to share this middle school journey with you! This is my second year at Ereckson, and I absolutely love this school.
I am originally from Longview (in East Texas), and I graduated from Texas A&M with a Bachelor of Science degree in Journalism and a minor in English. Before coming to Ereckson in 2020, I taught in Richardson ISD and was then a stay-at-home mom for several years before getting back into the public schools.
My huband Matt and I have two daughters, Abby and Macy. Abby is 14 and is a freshman at Lowery. Macy is 11 and a 6th grader at Norton Elementary. We have lived in Allen since 2007, and we absolutely love this town and school district. To be teaching in our neighborhood school is a dream come true! We also have a naugty miniature dachshund named Marley. She definitely keeps us busy!
I enjoy reading, writing, watching college football (go Aggies! and I root for my hubby's Red Raiders too!), watching Texas Rangers baseball, Wheel of Fortune, board games, trivia, and I'm always up for a good joke. Life is too short to not fill our days with laughter!
**My most important rules when entering my classroom:
1. Show respect! Kindness is key: I expect all of my students to treat others the way they want to be treated.
2. Communicate! I am approachable and ask that students not hesitate to reach out with any questions or concerns. Don't ever be afraid to ask for help. That's my job--to help!
3. Try your best! I want my students to put forth their best effort.
LATE WORK POLICY: Late work will be accepted no more than 3 days after the due date for ON-LEVEL and 2 days for ADVANCED classes. Assignments turned in 3-4 days or more after the due date may earn a grade of 0%. For On-Level courses, students can earn no more than a 70% for late work.
MAKE-UP WORK POLICY: For every day a student is absent, he/she will be provided one class period to complete his/her work for full credit.
RE-DO POLICY: For On-Level 8th grade classes, students who earn a grade below a 70% on an assignment or assessment are eligible to re-do the assignment or assessment for a maximum grade of 70%. Advanced ELA 8th grade students who make a grade below 60% may re-do that assignment for a maximum grade of 60%. Students wishing to re-take an assingment or quiz will need to communicate with me in order to do so.
Please don't hesitate to reach out with any questions or concerns!