Welcome! Ms. Tenner- 8th Grade English
CONFERENCE PERIOD: 3rd period (10:08-10:55am)
TUTORING TIMES: M-Th: 3:30-4 or by appointment
LINK TO CANVAS: canvas.allenisd.org
LINK TO PORTAL: portal.allenisd.org
WE NEED THESE ITEMS IN CLASS DAILY:
- SpringBoard (class set kept in the classroom)
- spiral (kept in backpack)
- pocketed folder (for backpack)
- book for independent, silent reading time-- 8th graders should have an independent reading book for daily reading at home. You may bring it with you to school or just keep at home.
- pen and pencil (for backpack)
- glue stick
- colored pencils
- wired headphones
Hello, Huskies! I am excited to share this middle school journey with you! This is my third year at Ereckson, and I absolutely love this school. This is going to be a great school year!
**My most important rules when entering my classroom:
1. Show respect! Kindness is key: I expect all of my students to treat others the way they want to be treated.
2. Communicate! I am approachable and ask students not to hesitate to reach out with any questions or concerns. Don't ever be afraid to ask for help. That's my job--to help!
3. Try your best! I want my students to put forth their best effort.
LATE WORK POLICY: Late work will be accepted no more than 3 days after the due date for ON-LEVEL and 2 days for ADVANCED classes. Assignments turned in 3-4 days or more after the due date may earn a grade of 0%. For On-Level courses, students can earn no more than 70% for late work.
MAKE-UP WORK POLICY: For every day a student is absent, he/she will be provided one class period to complete his/her work for full credit.
RE-DO POLICY: For On-Level 8th-grade classes, students who earn a grade below 70% on an assignment or assessment are eligible to re-do the assignment or assessment for a maximum grade of 70%. Advanced ELA 8th grade students who make a grade below 60% may re-do that assignment for a maximum grade of 60%. Students wishing to re-take an assignment or quiz will need to communicate with me in order to do so.
Please reach out with any questions or concerns!