A few of my favorite things...
- Food: Chick-Fil-A, Mexican Food, Sushi (no candy please)
- Drinks: Sonic Cherry Limeade, Starbucks Passion Tea Lemonade, Cherry Coke
- Places: Target, Amazon, Walmart (gift cards are MUCH appreciated)
- Color: All shades of blue!
- Hobbies: Cooking, shopping, time with friends and family
- Children’s Book: “Oh. the Places You’ll Go!” by Dr. Seuss
Hello 1st Graders!
My name is Julia Baird, and I am so excited to be your 1st grade teacher this year! I know we are going to have a wonderful year of learning and growing together. We will be creative, take risks, and create a classroom community centered around leadership, respect, and compassion for one another. Get ready for an amazing year full of fun, laughter, and life-long memories!
A little bit about me...
I was born and raised in the Austin area, growing up in the small town of Georgetown, Texas. I have been a Texas Longhorn my entire life, attending my first UT football game when I was only 10 days old. I went to college at the University of Texas at Austin where I received my Bachelor of Science in Applied Human Learning. Hook ‘Em!
I am entering by 6th year of teaching and have previously taught 2nd grade in Round Rock ISD and 1st grade in Coppell ISD. I am honored to be continuing my journey in 1st grade this year as a Bolin Blazer! My mission as a teacher is to provide a positive and safe learning environment where ALL students feel confident, empowered, and motivated to become passionate, lifelong learners and leaders. I hope that my love for teaching translates to a love of learning for my students that will carry them wherever they want to go in life. As we say at UT, “What starts here changes the world!”