The Allen Independent School District’s Career and Technical Education Program is dedicated to preparing all students for success in post-secondary education opportunities by providing rigorous career-related curriculum, instruction, and experiences; industry-based certifications; and skills that will allow our students to thrive in the 21st-century competitive workforce.
The Career and Technical Education (CTE) Department at Ford Middle School Consists of the following courses:
- Business Information Management 1 (BIM)
- College and Career Readiness
- Investigating Careers in Communications and Media Arts
- Investigating Careers in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM)
- Professional Communications
- Robotics Programming and Design/Web Communications
- Social Media Marketing
- Technology Applications in Computer Graphics
Middle school students enrolled in the following CTE courses earn high school credit:
*Business Information Management 1 (1 credit)
*Professional Communications (0.5 credit)
*Robotics/Web Communications (0.5 credit)
*Social Media Marketing (0.5 credit)
*The course content and workload are the equivalent of a high school course. Students receive high school credit, but the course grade is not included in high school GPA. High school expectations will be adhered to throughout the course.