Frequently Asked Questions
- Can you register online?
Yes, registration will be available online November 1, 2021 at www.AllenEagleRun.org
$25 through February 4, 2022 (no processing fees!)
$30 from February 5 through February 23, 2022. (no processing fees!)
$35 from February 24 through Race day: February 26, 2022 (no processing fees!)
- When does the online registration close?
Online registration remains open through 8:30am on February 26, 2022.
- Do PTAs and campuses receive credit for online registrations?
Yes, PTAs and school campuses will receive credit for any online registration that designates their school.
- How much do PTAs and Campuses receive?
PTAs receive $3.00 per entrant that designate their campus.
School Campuses receive $2.00 per entrant that designate their campus.
- Do children in strollers need to be registered?
No, there is no fee for children riding in strollers.
- Can I get a refund?
Entry fees are non-refundable, including the event of inclement weather. Your entry fee will be considered a donation to the Foundation For Allen Schools.
- What is the Sleep-In registration?
The Sleep-In registration allows individuals to donate to the Foundation without having to participate in the event. This is a good option for someone who cannot attend the run but wants to support your school and help you reach your goal. Some families sign up relatives from out of town, such as grandparents. This is also popular with teachers. Sleep-In registration is available online, and entrants receive a Race Packet with a t-shirt.
- What is a Race Packet?
The Race Packet for 2022 will include: Race t-shirt(s), bib(s), and race day information. The standard items included, like coupons and giveaways from sponsors and community businesses, etc., will be available through a link where you can browse the offers and use at your convenience.
- Do all entrants receive a t-shirt?
T-shirts sizes are NOT guaranteed AFTER February 4th, 2022. You are guaranteed the size ordered if you register by February 4th. Registrations after February 4th may have limited sizes to choose from or not have a shirt if we exceed the extras ordered.
- How do entrants get their t-shirts and bibs (Race Packet)?
T-shirts and race bibs will be included in the Race Packets. Entrants will need to pick up their packet in advance to reduce long waits the morning of the race.
Packets will be available for pick up at the Allen ISD Service Center (1451 North Watters Road, Allen, TX 75013):
Wednesday, February 23: 2pm – 6pm
Thursday, February 25: 8am – 6pm
- How are run results tracked?
5K entrants will receive a numbered bib at packet pick-up with a timing tag attached. Run results are categorized by gender and age and are available on site right after the race and at www.AllenEagleRun.org – Timing provided by Compton Time and Measure. Virtual participants are welome to use the Racejoy AP and time themselves but there are not official times for Virtual participation.
- Is the Fun Run/Walk timed?
No. The Fun Run/Walk is an untimed run/walk. (approximately one-mile)
- Is it okay to walk in the 5K?
Yes, you can walk and/or run in both the fun run and 5K race.
- I registered for the wrong event. Can I change events?
Yes. If you have registered for the wrong event, please email email@example.com.
- Do Fun Run/Walk entrants receive a bib?
Fun Run/Walk entrants wil receive a "Fun Run" bib. They do not need a timing tag.
- Can I bring my dog?
No, the Allen Police Department strongly discourages pets at the event.
- Can participants dress-up at the run?
Eagle Run participants are encourage to show school spirit at the run by wearing school colors, holding banners or pom poms….have fun!
-Can my child ride his/her schooter, bike or skateboard in the Fun Run?
No, scooters, skateboards and bikes are not allowed on either course. Only strollers for those to young to walk are allowed.
- What awards are given out at the run?
5K: Finishers will receive a participation ribbon.
Medals will be given out for Overall male/female & Masters male/female
Top 3 male and top 3 females for each age group 8 and younger, 9-10, 11-12, 13-14, 15-19, 20-24,and every 5 years to 80+
Fun Run/Walk: All participants will receive a participation ribbon.
- Who benefits from the Eagle Run?
School PTAs will receive $3 per registration received through their school (online and day-of entries that designate a school).
- Campus programs will receive $2 per registration received through their school (online and day-of entries that designate a school).
- Allen Council of PTAs proceeds are awarded as scholarships to graduating AHS seniors.
- Foundation For Allen Schools proceeds are awarded as scholarships to Allen ISD teachers, educational grants, and other Foundation programs.
- Creates a Family Fun Event
- Promotes a Healthy Lifestyle
- Promotes School Pride
- Creates a Fun Community Event