What is Arena Scheduling:
Arena Scheduling is a course scheduling system for high school that empowers students to create their own schedules similar to systems used on college campuses. The master schedule is built based on courses selected by students in the fall. Arena Scheduling is then opened for students later in the spring to create a schedule. Students will enter their "Arena Window" according to priority groups which are based on Eagle Engagement points a student has accumulated each year. Class availability is on a first-come, first-served basis. Students will see courses with open seats available each period and have the ability to choose courses to create a schedule that meets their individual needs.
Why does Allen ISD use the Arena Scheduling method:
The Allen High School graduate profile states that we want our students to be effective problem solvers and communicators as well as engaged citizens who are academically prepared for future pursuits. Students are more engaged in their academics when they are provided the opportunity to have more control over their schedule. By replacing the computer-built schedules with student-built schedules, students are able to problem-solve issues based on their needs and are provided an unofficial schedule before they leave for summer break. It is very important to us that students have choice and voice in creating their schedule.
Every student is guaranteed the courses needed for graduation, however; the period, teacher, and section is not guaranteed. The master schedule is built with courses and privilege periods throughout the school day. This means students may have to move courses (including privilege periods) within their schedule to be able to submit a completed schedule.
Where can I find more information on Arena Scheduling:
All students will have access to a Canvas module that reviews the scheduling procedures and rules students need to understand for success in Arena Scheduling. Students will also have access to an unoffical master schedule via the Preview APP designed by our Computer Science students. The APP goes live prior to Arena Scheduling so that students can make mock schedules to enhance their Arena Scheduling experince.
What grades use Arena Scheduling:
All incoming 10th, 11th and 12th grade Allen ISD students have access to Arena Scheduling during their grade level window. If your student is retained they will only be able to access Arena during their CURRENT grade level assignment window. See the important dates page for the Arena grade level windows.
Who should I contact if I have questions about Arena Scheduling or my course requests:
Students and parents should contact their CURRENT campus counselor for questions regarding scheduling.
Mock Scheduling App
- APP LINK - will be updated with the 23-24 link in March of 2023
- Students are encouraged to use the App to build at least 3 mock schedules prior to their Arena window
- These are mock schedules for the purpose of planning and exploring - this is NOT a finalized or official schedule
- Students MUST still complete Arena scheduling in Skyward
- The planning tool will best reflect the master schedule as it stands, but courses are still subject to change/move
Arena Scheduling Help Ticket Link
- HELP TICKET LINK - will only be live on Arena window day
- The help ticket link will open at 7:30 AM each Arena window
- Help tickets will not be answered after 4:30 PM
- The help ticket link will close at 11:59 PM each Arena window
- Help tickets are opened in order received
- Help ticket responses will only go to those with Arena open currently
Some important changes to note from previous years:
- No changes will be allowed after course selection clean up ends in early February so that the master schedule is an accurate reflection of requests *see more information in important dates and course selection
- Students will not have the opportunity to switch to alternate choices during Arena unless there is a physical conflict of courses to be scheduled. Not liking where a requested course falls does not constitute a scheduling conflict.
- Arena will open and close each day for each group to promote better student self-care *see more details on important dates page
- No changes will be allowed after Arena closes until the preview window in May *see more details in important dates
- After the preview window and deadline, courses are final and will not be open to change