- Foundation for Allen Schools
Fund a Scholarship or Educational Grant!
$2.5 Million and Counting!
Student Scholarship Opportunities
The Foundation For Allen Schools Scholarship Program offers Allen ISD graduating high school seniors the chance to apply for locally funded scholarships administered by the Foundation. Since 1999 the Foundation has awarded $1,101,638 in scholarships to 1,067 Allen High School graduates.
Donors may wish to:
- Create a Named Scholarship in honor of or in memory of someone; name a scholarship for a civic group, alumni group, business or corporation. A Named Scholarship must be funded by a minimum $1,000 donation.
- Donate to an existing scholarship (any amount of donation is accepted- see list)
- Donate to the Foundation’s general scholarship category in any amount.
The Foundation provides an opportunity for community members and businesses to support the future of these young men and women. Scholarship donors may provide preferences for the type of student they wish to support and the Foundation staff will assist in creating a scholarship profile.
- Scholarship applications are open to all AHS Seniors each fall
- Selections are made by the Foundation Scholarship Committee
- All scholarship funds are sent directly to the student’s college, university or technical/specialty school in June of each year
Make a difference for an Allen Eagle through your scholarship donation. Contact Regina Taylor at 972-727-0362 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Great Grants for Great Learning!
The purpose of the Educational Grant Program is to enhance, promote and augment classroom learning in ways that are not covered by regular district funds or another source. Grants may be awarded to:
- An individual teacher or staff member for use in their classroom or area
- A group of teachers across one or multiple grade levels
- An entire campus or across multiple schools
- An entire department that address a curriculum category
Each year Allen ISD teachers and staff are invited to apply for a grant – explaining their particular classroom or campus need or proposing an innovative idea. Grants must be measurable and include a description of how they directly impact student or teacher success. A committee comprised of Foundation board members and curriculum coordinators in the district review and select the grants to be funded for the following school year.
Grants range from $100 to $10,000; most grant range between $300 and $1,200. To date, the Foundation has funded a total of 1,282 grants totaling $1,234,388.
Donors are needed every year to support the Educational Grant Program and may specify their donations be used:
- For a specific curriculum area
- For a specific Allen ISD campus or department grant
- To support the general grant program