Board of Trustees
- Allen ISD Team of 8
- Board Meetings and Agendas
- Board Meeting Summaries
- Board Meetings On Video
- Board Operating Procedures
- Project Updates - 2015 Bonds
- Board Policy Manual
- Disclosure Requirements
- SOAR 2030
- Strategic Planning 2017-2020
- Leadership Academy
- Trustee General Information (Duties, Terms, etc)
- Allen Independent School District
- Board Meeting Summaries
December 17, 2018 Board Meeting Summary
ATPI Photography Contest
Allen High School students competed in the Association of Texas Photography Instructors photography and video contests in November. There were more than 7,400 entries from 99 schools across the nation, including Texas, California, Kansas, Oklahoma, and Washington. Congratulations to the following students:
- Zack Daley – First Place for Advanced Cell/Smartphone Video
- Emily Gnadt – First Place for Advanced Video Documentary
- Kaitlyn Mires – Second Place for Advanced Cell/Smartphone Video
- Rachel Karls – Third Place for Advanced Fashion Photography
- Madeline Ross – Third Place for Advanced Video Documentary
- Emma Hernandez – Honorable Mention for Advanced Architecture/Cityscape Photography
- Burak Hezar – Honorable Mention for Advanced Comedic Short Film
- Delaney McGary – Honorable Mention for Advanced Advertising
- Lucas Smyth – Honorable Mention for Advanced Sports/Action Photography
- Guinevere Wooten – Honorable Mention for Advanced Architecture/Cityscape Photography
- Brydie Hardwick – Honorable Mention for Advanced Advertising, Advanced Nature, and Advanced Still Life Photography
- Kyle Juntunen – First Place for Faculty Video
Cotton Bowl Art Contest
Katie Zhou, a 6th grader at Vaughan Elementary, was recently named the 1st place winner of the 5th/6th grade Cotton Bowl Art Contest. Katie will be honored at the Cotton Bowl's Big Play Luncheon on Dec. 28. This is the third time that Katie has won her division in the art contest.
Employees of the Month
Each month, the Allen ISD Human Resources Department recognizes one elementary teacher, one secondary teacher, and two district employees (anyone other than a classroom teacher) as the Employees of the Month. The monthly recognitions are sponsored by The Foundation For Allen Schools and Credit Union of Texas.
The Board of Trustees was proud to recognize the following honorees:
- Elementary Teacher of the Month: LaCrista Gilcrease, 5th-grade Math and Science Teacher at Marion Elementary
- Secondary Teacher of the Month: Natasha Hinton, Math Teacher at Ford Middle School
- Employee of the Month: Jenna Capps, Behavior Coach at Rountree Elementary.
- Employee of the Month: Larry Labue, Director of Professional Learning and Instructional Services.
Board Approves Probably Cost of Lowery Stadium
The Board of Trustees approved the total probable cost for construction of the Lowery Freshman Center’s stadium. The stadium was originally built in 1976 and was expanded in 1987. A significant portion of the facility has not been renovated since that time and no longer meets the building code.
The approved total probable cost for the stadium is $2,767,505. The money used to construct the stadium was approved by voters during a bond referendum in 2015.
The Lowery stadium supports approximately 165 athletic, school-based, and leasing events a year. In addition, the stadium supports daily physical education and athletic practices for the Lowery Freshman Center. The project is scheduled for completion prior to the 2019-2020 football season.
Board Adopts Legislative Priorities
The Board of Trustees adopted a set of legislative priorities to help guide the district during the 86th Texas Legislative Session. This legislative agenda highlights three key areas of focus: Safety, Finance, and Employees. These priorities incorporated the priorities set forth by the Allen ISD Legislative Focus Group.
View the Board Book to read the entire list of legislative priorities for Allen ISD.
Next Board Meeting
The next regular meeting of the Allen ISD Board of Trustees is scheduled for Wednesday, January 23, at 7 p.m. at Allen City Hall.