Board of Trustees
- Allen ISD Team of 8
- Board Meetings and Agendas
- Board Meeting Summaries
- Board Meetings On Video
- Board Operating Procedures
- Project Kids Committee
- Project Updates - 2015 Bonds
- Board Policy Manual
- Disclosure Requirements
- 2020 Attendance Election Details
- 2020 Attendance Election FAQs
- 2020 Attendance Election - State Recapture
- 2020 Attendance Election Sample Ballot
- 2020 Attendance Election - AISD Recapture Process
- 2020 Attendance Election Presentation Calendar
- SOAR 2030
- Strategic Planning 2017-2020
- Leadership Academy
- Trustee General Information (Duties, Terms, etc)
- May 2020 Election
- Candidates: Forms, Instructions & Publications
- Candidates: Applications Process
- Allen Independent School District
- Board Meeting Summaries
December 18, 2017 Board Meeting Summary
School Board honors award-winning students and teacher
The Board of Trustees honored 12 students in Allen High School’s Commercial Photography Program. The students were recognized for their winning entries in the Fall Photo Contest by the Association of Texas Photography Instructors. The contest received approximately 7,000 entries from 87 schools across the nation. The students honored were:
- Rylie Dunn in the Advanced Open category
- Kenna Easley in the Advanced Still Life category
- Austin Galletti in the Advanced Advertising and Advanced Nature categories
- Adriane Guzman in the Advanced Open category
- Brydie Hardwick in the Advanced Nature category
- Cara James in the Advanced Nature category
- Rachel Karls in the Advanced Cell Phone category
- Addie Kirkpatrick in the Advanced Open category
- Nicole Kim in the Advanced Architecture/City Scape category
- Elisa Popa in the Advanced Advertising and Advanced Architecture/City Scape categories
- Sarah Stevens for entries in the Advanced Architecture/City Scape, Advanced Nature, Advanced Open, Advanced Time Exposure, and Advanced Portfolio categories
- Jules Yeary in the Advanced Architecture/City Scape category
The Board also recognized Lee Ferguson, AHS Biology Teacher, for winning the Kim Foglia AP Biology Service Award from the National Association of Biology Teachers. The Kim Foglia award recognizes an AP Biology teacher who displays a willingness to share materials, serves as a mentor to both students and professional colleagues, creates an innovative and student-centered classroom environment, and exemplifies a personal philosophy that encourages professional growth as teacher and member of the community.
Assistant Superintendent for Operations Daniel Pitcock and Executive Director of Facilities Brandon Boyter presented a construction update to the Board on numerous projects planned and underway across Allen ISD. Planning is now underway for the Kerr Elementary School renovation and Phase Three of the Allen High School renovation and reroofing project. Both will begin in the summer of 2018. Some work will begin during spring break 2018.
Technology refresh projects will be done at Boon and Norton Elementary Schools and the Ereckson Middle School bleachers, press box, concession stands and restroom project will all start in the summer of 2018. Planning has also begun on the old Lowery Center demolition schedule and the new Dillard Center renovation.
Work on the new Lowery Freshman Center and the STEAM Center is progressing and completion dates of August 2018 (Lowery Freshman Center) and early 2019 (STEAM Center) are on schedule.
Board approves RFPs for group travel services
Earlier this year, Allen ISD advertised a request for proposal to vendors to provide campuses and department staff with group travel services. Fourteen vendors were notified of the advertised RFP, and six proposals were received by the district on Oct. 26, 2017.
The evaluation committee recommended five vendors because they were determined to be most advantageous to the District’s students and its employees, based upon the bid tabulation. The recommended respondents were determined to be competitively priced and strong for the specified services.
The Board of Trustees awarded annual contracts to the following vendors for group travel services for the district:
- US Integrity Funding Group, Inc. dba U.S. Integrity Touring 99 Elmere Road Wells, ME 04090
- Groople Texas, LLC - 990 Hwy 287 N Suite 106 #214, Mansfield, TX 76063
- Perform America – Texas, LLC – 5517 Louetta Road Suite B, Spring, TX 77379
- Collin Creek Travel, Inc. dba Masterpiece Tours – 202A West Parker Road, Plano, TX 75075
- Group Travel Consultants, Inc.- 8902 Compton Shore Lane, Orlando, FL 32829
Board approves daily compensation increase for bus drivers
The Board of Trustees approved a new compensation plan for bus drivers, effective Jan. 8, 2018. The current starting salary for a bus driver, $15.25 per hour, is the lowest in the area compared to Frisco, Lovejoy, Princeton, Prosper, Wylie, Plano and McKinney ISDs. The new hourly rate will be $16.75 per hour and will help support the recruitment and retention of quality drivers. This move will also help alleviate the current shortage of seven bus drivers, and will help recruit the new bus drivers needed when the STEAM Center opens next year.
In addition, a Perfect Attendance Incentive Plan for bus drivers will be implemented, and any driver who has perfect attendance per nine-week period will receive a $125 award.
Next Board Meeting
The next regular meeting of the Allen ISD Board of Trustees will be held Jan. 22, 2018 at 7 p.m. at Allen City Hall.